Hannibal was a TV show that ran from April 4th, 2013 - August 29th, 2015 on NBC, containing 3 seasons á 13 episodes. It was created by Bryan Fuller and was based on the series of Hannibal novels by Thomas Harris. It focuses on the budding relationship between FBI profiler Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy.
Cast and CrewEdit
|Directors||Michael Rymer, Guillermo Navarro, Vincenzo Natali, David Slade, Tim Hunter, John Dahl, Peter Medak, James Foley, David Semel, Marc Jobst, Adam Kane, Neil Marshall|
|Writers||Bryan Fuller, Thomas Harris, Steve Lightfoot, Scott Nimerfro, Jeff Vlaming, Chris Brancato, Andrew Black, Nick Antosca , Kai Wu, Jennifer Schuur, Don Mancini, Jesse Alexander, David Fury, Jim D. Gray, Ayanna Floyd, Jason Grote, Angelina Burnett, Tom de Ville, Angela LaManna, Helen Shang|
|(Executive) Producers||Martha de Laurentiis, Bryan Fuller, David Slade|
|Musik||Brian Reitzell, Siouxsie Sioux,|
|Food||José Andrés, Janice Poon|
- Chelan Simmons reprised her role as Gretchen Speck-Horowitz from Wonderfalls in episode 1.02, suggesting that Wonderfalls exists in the same fictional universe as Hannibal, and creating the beginnings of a "Fullerverse".
- NBC gave the series a financial commitment before Fuller had completeled his script.
- On February 14, 2012, NBC bypassed the pilot stage of development by giving the series a 13-episode first season based solely on the strength of Fuller's script.
- Speaking to Entertainment Weekly about the project, Bryan Fuller discussed the limited episode order and the continuing story arc he envisions for the series. "Doing a cable model on network television gives us the opportunity not to dally in our storytelling because we have a lot of real estate to cover." Speaking specifically about the Hannibal Lecter character, Fuller said, "There is a cheery disposition to our Hannibal. He's not being telegraphed as a villain. If the audience didn't know who he was, they wouldn't see him coming. What we have is Alfred Hitchcock's principle of suspense — show the audience the bomb under the table and let them sweat when it's going to go boom."[...]"
- On April 10, 2012, the ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group acquired the rights to broadcast the series in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark beginning in 2013.
- The series airs in New Zealand, it began 25 January 2014.
- ↑ copied verbatim from Hannibal Wiki at http://hannibal.wikia.com/wiki/Hannibal_%28TV_series%29 (accessed 2.4.2016)
- ↑ 'Hannibal' on NBC: How Bryan Fuller will reinvent Dr. Lecter -- EXCLUSIVE by James Hibberd on Entertainment Weekly, 19.4.2012 (accessed 2.4.2016)